As Salamu Alaikum.
Today, I want to introduce you to Fajr Train. It is a community-powered app, built for today’s Muslim Family, to never miss Fajr Again. Fajr Train is rebooting the way Muslims respond to the FIRST CALL of the day and carry that blessing of Fajr throughout their day. Fajr Train is transforming lives, one family at a time. Come aboard and inspire a new generation to carry the legacy to the future.
The Struggle To Wake Up is REAL
When I was a teen, my mother used to wake me up for Fajr. Since then there are times when I prayed regularly in the Masjid. And there are times when I wake up 15 minutes before the sunrise, you know, scrambling. Today, I have my own family and kids. And I see them going through the same struggle.
I’m sure many Muslims feel this same way. We have talked to, youths, moms, professionals and even Islamic scholars, celebrity Islamic scholars. The struggle for Fajr is Real. Across the board we have hard:
- How do I even pick up the habit?
- How do I keep my practice up?
- How do I pass it on to my kids?
Today, at Fajr Train, we are taking on those challenges head-on. We are creating some power tools to help us collectively face just challenges and inshallah succeed.
How in the world did people use to wake up before alarm clocks?
I cannot imagine waking up without an alarm clock. Even with Alarm clocks I sometimes find it HARD. What did people do over the millennia, when there were no alarm clocks?
The answer is in their lifestyle. Whether I’d wake up on time and pray Fajr doesn’t depend on the moment the Alarm goes off. It was decided the NIGHT BEFORE. Did I gorge myself, did I play video games or surfed late into the night?
The challenge today is not how do I wake up for Fajr?
The challenge today is how do I pick up a new life style.
Where ever you are in your journey, Fajr Train is gives you power tools to level up your game and get started on that lifestyle.
Introducing Fajr Train
Fajr Train is a set of intelligent power tools for the whole family.
- Pick up the habit of waking up for Fajr
- Achieve clear milestones, unlock real-world rewards, boost confidence
- Build on that habit and level up your game
- Never feel alone in your struggle
- Keep your privacy around your practice, but yet inspire others
- Set collective goals and unlock real-world rewards
- Get The Best Productivity advice & embrace the Fajr Lifestyle
- All this by committing to engage or “play” for two to five minutes a day.
Imagine, never feeling lonely in your struggle to wake up for Fajr. Imagine your kids getting excited at the prospect of praying Fajr on time. Imagine spurring and inspiring millions through your actions and getting the REWARDS for their actions.
Cutting edge science meets back-to-the-basics spirituality.
- Did you know, it takes, on average, only 66 days, to pick up any habit?
- Did you know, Video games ENGINEER their experiences to make 100s of millions spend millions of hours A DAY playing games?
- Did you know, peers have a tremendous influence on the lifestyle and habits we form?
Fajr Train brings together the Science of “Making Habits” to gamify the Fajr Experience through FAJR SCORE, for individuals, and FAJR INDEX, for groups.
How can you improve anything without measuring it?
We cannot measure spirituality. But we can surely measure the “practice” and create positive reinforcement around the Fajr Lifestyle.
The way you inspire a 10-year-old or a new Muslim is not the same way you will inspire a busy mother or professional. Fajr Train is aware of the nuances and curates an experience for your whole family.
How is Fajr Train different?
- It is not a simple Alarm App. It is a set of power tools to pick up the Fajr lifestyle, no matter where you are in YOUR JOURNEY.
- It measures and reinforces positive behavior at personal, family, and community level.
- First of its kind Community-Powered App – you can play by yourself, with your friends and family of any size, and even roll out to your school or community.
- It comes with an open API – designed from the ground up to add to other apps. We are designing Fajr Train to be readily PLUGGED-IN to other popular apps like Muslim Pro, WeSalam, My Prayer, etc.
We are honored to have a world-class team of behavioral scientists, gamification experts, developers and designers helping us. Fajr Train is made ground up to scale on-demand to a worldwide Muslim community, Inshaa’Allah,
Our goal is to create a world-class app to help Muslims pick up and stay true to the call for Fajr, for families to stay connected through their Fajr Experience, For youths across communities to get inspired racing for the good, for communities to embrace the Fajr Lifestyle.
What have we done so far?
To find out if people really wanted this app, we created a simple prototype and released it in App Store. Below are some screenshots of that prototype. Inshaa’Allah, with the successful completion of this campaign we’ll be able to have what we need to launch it on both iPhone and Android.
A personal story
Guidance comes from Allah. We can only try our best.
Having said that, This is what happened a couple of days after we have rolled out our prototype release and I made my son play Fajr Train for a couple of days.
It was later in the day. He walked up to me and asked
“Baba, I forgot to update my score today … “
That made my day.
Since then I have caught himself several times sneaking in and updating his score.
Alhamdulillah, that makes me, as a father, hopeful for my son’s future. And I want to make Fajr Train and the community to be there with him when I am not.
We need your help to complete this project
We’ve already put a whole lot of sweat, tears, and our own $$ to get this far.
With your help and support, we can see this idea through.
Together Inshaa’Allah we can make this happen.
Together we can revolutionize the way Muslims all over the world respond to the call for Fajr.
Fajr is a Marathon, not a sprint.
We want Muslims all over the world to come aboard.
We do not want MONEY to be a factor for ANYONE.
But, to bring that world-class experience and service,
We decided to go with a low-cost subscription-based model. Our goal is to make it available for ALL Muslims, Inshaa’Allah.
- FREE for 3 months.
- $3 per year per user.
- Kids below 12 FREE.
- Sponsorship is available for those who cannot afford, Inshaa’Allah.
Invest In Fajr. Invest In Your Future.
If you can only use PayPal then you may use this link:
Please mention the contribution level that you chose in the note. We’ll handle the PayPal fees.
Everything we can do with $100K
- Buddy – a non-judgmental companion that keeps you on track for Fajr on time. As long as you are committed to playing the game daily, it even learns from what works and what does not work for YOU. (“Did you go to sleep too late, again”?)
- Pulse – The heart of Fajr Train. A game that takes less than 30 seconds of daily commitment. It gives you a Fajr Score, based on your “practice”, calculates trends, sets milestones, levels up, and help you build that 66-day streak, in perpetuity, one day at a time.
- Team – Daily digest and inspiration for and from the Fajr Train community all across the globe.
Custom modes: Kids, Teens, Sisters, Brothers, Professionals, New Muslims.
Soul Patch: Chicken soup for your soul to help you build that Fajr Lifestyle
Language – Arabic, English, Bengali, Urdu/Hindi, Malay, French, Spanish, Chinese, Turkish.
Why this? Why NOW?
The world has turned upside down with the COVID-19 pandemic. To believing Muslims world over, this has been a Ramadan like no other. In these unprecedented times, let us reflect.
How many Muslims do we know, including ourselves, who are facing the challenge with the FIRST CALL of the day from our Lord?
How can we expect Allah’s help, personally or as a community, when we do not start our day right?
Fajr, truly, is a spiritual pandemic of global proportion.
This is a call to face this challenge head-on and Inshaa’Allah, with Allah’s help and our collective effort, succeed.